New capabilities for managing product incidents, withdrawals and recalls announced
San Diego, Calif. – January 29, 2018 — ComplianceMetrix, LLC (CMX), the market-leading Enterprise Quality Management Software (EQMS) for food and consumer brands, announced today the release of CMX Recalls. The announcement coincided with the launch of Sonic Drive-In on Version 8 of its Supply Chain Management solution SupplyChainMetrix (SMX). With the release, CMX adds new capabilities for managing Product Incidents, Withdrawals, and Recalls from initiation to resolution.
Sonic is using SMX’s Incident Management to automate the resolution of product-related complaints, quality, and delivery issues between Sonic’s 3,600 Drive-ins, Distributors, Bakeries, and Suppliers. The system streamlines and automates the reporting, resolution, and credit/replacement process from days to hours.
The newly launched CMX Recalls will be used by Sonic to automate and streamline the process for managing product withdrawals and recalls.
“After studying other solutions and collaborating with our customers, we saw an opportunity to bring something new and innovative to the market. Over the last several months, Sonic has been a valuable partner in helping us develop and test the new product. We think the level of flexibility, automation, and monitoring capabilities is unmatched, and our customers will benefit greatly in their ability to manage events more effectively”, said Jim Hardeman, EVP Product, ComplianceMetrix.
Key capabilities and benefits of CMX Recalls include:
- Automated Identification of Issues and Trends – The module can be optionally used with SMX’s Incident Management module, allowing for automated trend detection, and seamless transition to an investigation, and further response management if needed.
- Full Cycle Event Management – Provides support for a variety of event types and progressions including Investigation, Hold/Release, Withdrawal, and voluntary/mandatory Recalls from initiation to resolution. The module also supports the execution of “mock” events with full functionality.
- Quick Identification of Impacted Parties – The module leverages SMX’s product-to-supplier, supplier-to-distributor, and distributor-to- retail/restaurant location relationship management capabilities to quickly identify impacted parties that require notification.
- Automated Communication and Response Management – Allows customers to communicate product identification, disposition, and replacement instructions to 1000s of supply chain partners and locations simultaneously via email, voice, and text. The module automatically manages reminders, escalations, and tracks responses, and product recovery effectiveness.
- Real-Time Event Monitoring – The module includes real-time monitoring capabilities to track emails opened, acknowledgments, response forms received, amount of product accounted for, and time to respond for Impacted Parties.
- Comprehensive Record Keeping – The module allows for crisis management teams to record notes, attachments, risk evaluation, event strategy, related product incidents, and automatically records all actions taken from initiation to resolution for all involved parties.
“Managing product incidents and recalls effectively is critical to our business and can also be one of the most challenging responsibilities we have as a QA Team. While there are many solutions in the market, most generally lacked the capabilities and integration needed to respond quickly to an issue and manage the scope if it evolves. With SMX, our supplier, distributor, product, and location records are always accurate, up-to-date and accessible giving us the foundation and a single platform to manage quality and risk. This, combined with CMX’s extensive understanding of our problem domain, made them the clear choice for Sonic,” said David Abney, Vice President of Quality Assurance at Sonic. “After implementing SMX Incidents & Recalls we’ve experienced measurable improvements in our speed to respond and resolve product related issues.”
To learn more about CMX Recalls, click here.
About Sonic Drive-In
SONIC, America’s Drive-In is the nation’s largest drive-in restaurant chain serving approximately 3 million customers every day. Ninety-five percent of SONIC’s more than 3,600 drive-ins are owned by local business men and women. For 65 years, SONIC has delighted guests with signature menu items, 1.3 million drink combinations and friendly service by iconic Carhops. To learn more about Sonic, please visit sonicdrivein.com.
Leading brands including Burger King, Taco Bell, Sonic Drive-In, RaceTrac, and Hasbro trust CMX’s cloud-based Enterprise Quality Management Software (EQMS) to help them achieve and maintain operational and quality excellence. For over a decade, CMX has led the market with the most comprehensive, user-friendly, cloud-based EQMS platform for food and consumer brands. It’s the only enterprise solution to effectively combine supply chain quality and operational excellence into a single, fully configurable operating platform.
For more information please visit: compliancemetrix.com or call 1-858-866-8888
ComplianceMetrix is a registered trademark of RequirementsLive, LLC.